GM1600SC 71 GMDSS VHF Radio with BP-234 Battery – No Charger Included
The GM1600 Marine VHF handheld is designed for GMDSS-compliant survival craft communications. The radio is engineered to survive and function in the extreme environmental conditions common in marine emergencies and brings the latest Search and Rescue technology to the marketplace.
The GM1600’s shock-resistant housing is constructed of a brightly colored dye-injected polymer, ensuring this essential piece of emergency equipment will always be easy to find in a survival bag, in a life raft, or any other place when you need to find it quickly.
Survival Craft Radio
The GM1600 meets temperature, thermal shock, vibration, and drop-resistant (from 1 m height) requirements. After passing those environmental tests, the GM1600 sustains a 1m depth waterproof construction specified with IMO resolutions A.809(19), A.694(17), and IEC 61097-12. The BP-234 battery can operate even at –4ºF.
All knobs are sized for quick operation, and the large, well-labeled buttons feature a positive action “feel” with a programmable beep tone for sure operation. The front panel includes one-touch access to Channel 16 and the call channel.
- Operation instructions are printed on the rear panel
- All operations can be made with one hand
- The bright LED indicator on the top of the panel
- Optional VOX headset for on-board use
- Output Power: 2W
- Battery Life (BP-234): 3300 mAh non-rechargeable Lithium battery
- Waterproof Rating: IPX7
- Survival Boat Package (GM1600): Includes dated-and-sealed GMDSS compliant battery (BP-234)
- Frequency Range (Tx/Rx): 156.300–156.875MHz
- Mode: FM (16K0G3E)
- Power Supply Requirement: 7.5/7.2V DC nominal
- Current Drain (at 7.5/7.2V DC):
- Tx 2W/1W output is 1.0A/0.7A & Rx is AF max. 200mA
- Operating Temperature Range: -20°C to °60°C / -4°F to +140°F
- Antenna Impedance: 50Ω (SMA fixed type)
- Dimensions (W×H×D) (Projections not included): 65 × 145 × 44 mm / 2-9/16 × 5-23/32 × 1-23/32 in.
- Weight (approx.): 385g / 13.6oz (with BP-234)
- Output Power: 2W/1W (Hi/Low)
- Max. Frequency Deviation: +/- 5.0kHz
- Frequency Error: +/- 5.0ppm
- Spurious Emissions: -70dBc typical
- Adjacent Channel Power: 70dB
- FM Hum and Noise Ratio: 40dB
- Audio Harmonic Distortion: Less than 10% (at 60% mod.)
- Sensitivity: 0.25µV (at 12dB SINAD)
- Squelch Sensitivity: 0.35µV typ. (at threshold)
- Adjacent Channel Selectivity: 70dB
- Spurious Response: 70dB
- Intermodulation Rejection: 70dB typ.
- Hum and Noise Ratio: 40dB
- Audio Output Power: 0.35W Typ.
Battery Type = NONE | Bluetooth = NONE | Built-In GPS = NONE | Floats = NONE | Power - Output (Watts) = 2 | Speaker Mic = NONE | Waterproof Rating = NONE | Weather Alert = NONE