KVH TracPhone V7-HTS mini-VSAT
- Rugged, powerful, compact Ku-band VSAT antenna, 60 cm (24 in) diameter, 26.1 kg (57.6 lbs)
- A wide range of flexible and affordable data plans with speeds as fast as 10 Mbps/3 Mbps (download/upload)
- Global broadband connectivity with fully integrated network management
- Exclusive dual channel configuration with innovative hybrid airtime plans that deliver a free unlimited use data channel running at the same time as the ultra-fast channel
- Integrated CommBox Modem (ICM) includes everything required in one single box. It includes the modem, the network manager, ethernet switches, Wi-Fi, storage and even the ability to deliver onboard training
- Modern, browser-based user interface with iPhone® app
- Vessel Tracking Service — Basic version included with 1-hour selection and 5 hours visibility of vessel position and track. Premium version also available
- Two integrated voice lines optimized for use with satellite services with expansion capability for up to nine concurrent voice lines
- 3-axis gyro-stabilized antenna with 4th axis of automatic skew adjustment tracks satellites from directly above the vessel on the equator to low on the horizon
Sow Down and Enjoy Blazing Speeds with the Next-Generation HTS System Offering the speed and reliability you want for your onboard communications, TracPhone V7-HTS delivers seamless global coverage with download/upload speeds as fast as 10 Mbps/3 Mbps. This advanced new solution allows you to enjoy fast data rates perfect for streaming HD content or video chatting with friends and family—allowing you to enjoy the Internet as you would at home.
The Most Advanced Maritime Network Available
TracPhone V7-HTS’s global connections and fast speeds are made possible by new, advanced Ku-band satellites. KVH’s managed HTS network offers valuable advantages for personal, operational, and crew connections, including:
Communications are critical for your yacht’s operations as well as ensuring that everyone on board enjoys the benefits of broadband connections to keep connected when at sea. That’s why TracPhone V7-HTS is designed specifically with the rigors of the marine environment in mind, and includes elements like:
The TracPhone V7-HTS is a quantum leap in maritime satellite communications, offering high-throughput global connectivity via next-generation satellites as an overlay on the industry-leading mini-VSAT Broadband Network. Developed by KVH specifically for the mini-VSAT Broadband Network, TracPhone V7-HTS uses a 60 cm-diameter antenna dish, in a 66 cm-diameter radome. The 3-axis gyro-stabilized maritime VSAT antenna with a 4th axis of automatic skew adjustment boasts an extended elevation range of -24° to 119° ensuring that the antenna tracks satellites directly above the vessel to low on the horizon.
TracPhone V7-HTS’s streamlined belowdecks unit includes an IP-enabled antenna control unit, built-in CommBox Network Manager, high-throughput Modem, VoIP, Ethernet switch, and Wi-Fi capabilities, storage and access for entertainment, operations, and Videotel training content delivered by IP-MobileCast, and support for over-the-air software updates for the ICM and antenna unit — all in one 2U box for faster, trouble-free installations and user experience.
KVH’s IP-MobileCast service delivers large files, including electronic charts, weather forecasts, training videos, news, sports, TV shows and series, and premium movies. IP-MobileCast uses proprietary software that provides advanced error correction, compression, and validation of data integrity throughout the transmission from shore to ship for unparalleled reliability and efficiency. Shoreside servers encode files for transmission and queue them for multicast delivery "over the top" of the mini-VSAT Broadband network. The IP-MobileCast service’s patented Forward Error Correction (FEC) technology ensures that the CommBox servers on ships receive each file in perfect condition the first time it is transmitted. The unique FEC algorithms deliver the highest level of reliability by accommodating intermittent non-continuous transmission, which might happen when large transmissions are interrupted by prioritized network traffic or in very poor weather conditions.
|Service||KVH mini-VSAT Broadband Airtime for TracPhone V7-HTS|
|Belowdecks equipment||Integrated CommBox Modem (ICM)|
|Service coverage area||Seamless Worldwide Regions|
|Maximum Download Speed1||10 Mbps|
|Maximum Upload Speed1||3 Mbps|
|Antenna Dish Diameter||60 cm (24″)|
|Antenna Unit Diameter x Height/Weight||66.6 cm (D) x 79.2 cm (h) / 26.1 kg (26.1″ (D) x 31.2″ (h) / 57.6 lbs)|